Go Beyond Blood
Less than 1% of blood diseases have available cellular controls. Our customizable synthetic cells provide a new level of reliability and consistency for virtually any blood disease.
Customize our products to generate biologically meaningful blood controls for your unique application.
Hematology is the study of blood, blood disease and the organs involved in generating blood. This field encompasses research and treatment of conditions such as anemias, bleeding disorders and proliferative diseases like cancers of the bone marrow, lymph nodes or blood itself. Flow cytometry is a particularly well-suited platform to study the diversity of cells that make up blood, since this sample type is already in suspension, and it is generally regarded as the gold standard method of testing for blood cancers.
Customize our products to precisely match the biochemical profile and optical properties of any target cell population (such as a 5-part WBC differential) with unmatched precision and long shelf-life stability. Slingshot Biosciences can create customized and on-demand synthetic cell reagents representative of a variety of blood cancers, such as lymphomas and leukemias, including Acute myeloid leukemia (AML), Leukemia Blast cells and Plasma cell leukemia (PCL). We can match biochemical and physical characteristics, incorporate relevant intracellular structures and fine-tune surface marker levels to generate biologically meaningful blood controls perfectly suited to your unique application.
Shortcomings of Current Methods
With less than 1% of blood diseases having available controls, research is limited by sourcing blood donors.
- High cost
- Batch-to-batch variability
- Cell line maintenance
- Biohazardous shipping and handling
- Poor stability
Cross over QC Validation Studies
- Done across sites
- Poor performance
- Time loss
- Increased costs for CROs
Advantages of Slingshot
- Accurately mimic the optical properties of human blood populations from lymphocytes, monocytes, and granulocytes without the need for bio-hazard safety measures.
- Create cellular mimics for any disease-state, including those without commercially available QC material, like Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
- Easy-to-use and highly precise performance that can be used and benchmarked across sites to ensure consistent calibration of instruments.
- Our scalable manufacturing process effectively eliminates lot-to-lot variability and saves time and money in qualifying QC material.
SYNTHETIC CELLS THAT MIMIC THE OPTICAL PROPERTIES OF HUMAN BLOOD POPULATIONS FOR LYMPHOCYTES, MONOCYTES, AND GRANULOCYTES
SYNTHETIC CELLS FOR READY-TO-USE
IMMUNOPHENOTYPING USING SPECIFIC BIOMARKERS